Zucchini Noodles with Cherry Tomatoes and Basil
Tossed in a flavorful vinaigrette and topped with fresh cherry tomatoes and basil from our garden, this raw “pasta” dish really does trick the senses and is a fabulous no-cook dish. If you don’t have a vegetable spiraler, you could use a julienne peeler or even substitute regular cooked angel hair or linguine and just add very, very thin slices of raw zucchini with the tomatoes.
- 2 medium zucchini
- 0.25 cup (packed) fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Using a vegetable spiraler or julienne peeler, make the zucchini noodles. Wrap the zucchini noodles in paper towel or cheesecloth and gently wring out some of the liquid.
- Toss the zucchini noodles, tomatoes and basil with the vinaigrette. Serve chilled.
- a pinch of dried red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp white wine or champagne vinegar
- 1 shallot, finely minced
- 1 tsp fresh garlic, finely minced
- Juice of one lemon
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- Make the vinaigrette. Combine the lemon juice, garlic, shallot, vinegar and honey in a small mixing bowl and stir to combine. Whisk in the olive oil and add the red pepper flakes and salt and pepper, to taste.
For the full post, visit Fork Knife Swoon.