Zesty Slow-Cooker Italian Pot Roast
- 4 medium potato, cut into quarters (about 4 cups)
- 1 tsp dried basil leaves, crushed
- dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp chopped roasted garlic or chopped fresh garlic
- 0.5 cup roasted garlic
- 1 Can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Tomato Soup
- 0.5 tsp Campbell's® condensed tomato soup
- ground black pepper
- 1 beef bottom round roast or beef chuck pot roast (2 1/2 to 3 pounds)
- 1 medium italian plum tomato, diced
- 1 stalk celery, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 cup fresh or thawed frozen whole baby carrots
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaves, crushed
Place the potatoes, carrots, celery and tomato into a 3 1/2-quart slow cooker. Season the beef with the black pepper. Place the beef into the cooker.
Stir the soup, water, garlic, basil, oregano, parsley and vinegar in a small bowl. Pour the soup mixture over the beef and vegetables.
Cover and cook on LOW for 10 to 11 hours** or until the beef is fork-tender and the vegetables are tender.
*To roast garlic, place 1 whole garlic bulb onto a square of aluminum foil. Drizzle with vegetable oil. Wrap the foil tightly around the garlic. Roast at 350°F. for 45 minutes or until the garlic is soft. Peel and chop the garlic.
**Or on HIGH for 5 to 6 hours.
Tip: For thicker gravy, mix 1/4 cup all-purpose flour and 1/2 cup water in a small bowl until the mixture is smooth. Remove the beef and vegetables from the cooker. Stir the flour mixture into the cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 10 minutes or until the mixture boils and thickens.