Zesty Rice with Chorizo
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 3.5 Ounce 1 package (about 3 1/2 ounces) chorizo sausage, cut up
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 0.75 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- 1.75 cup Swanson® Chicken Broth (Regular, Natural GoodnessTM or Certified Organic)
- 0.5 cup Pace® Picante Sauce
- 0.5 cup frozen pea
- chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage, onion and garlic and cook until the onion is tender, stirring frequently.
Stir the rice, broth and picante sauce in the skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 15 minutes. Stir in the peas and cook, covered, for 5 minutes or until the sausage is cooked through and the rice is tender. Stir in the cilantro.