Zesty Penne, Sausage and Peppers
- 3 cup penne pasta, uncooked
- 1 Pound Italian sausage
- 1 green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 26 Ounce spaghetti sauce
- 1 tsp fennel seed
- 1 dash crushed red pepper
- 4 Ounce PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, cubed
- 0.25 cup KRAFT shredded Parmesan cheese
- COOK pasta as directed on package.
- MEANWHILE, crumble sausage into large skillet; cook and stir on medium heat 8 min. or until done. Drain. Add peppers; cook and stir 5 min. or until crisp-tender. Stir in next 3 ingredients; cook 5 min. or until heated through. Add cream cheese; cook 2 min. or until melted, stirring frequently.
- DRAIN pasta. Add to sausage mixture; mix lightly. Top with Parmesan.
Kraft Kitchens tips:
Size-Wise: You'll know it's a special occasion when you get to enjoy a serving of this easy-to-prepare meal!
Variation: Prepare using PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cheese or 1/2 cup (1/2 of 8-oz. tub) PHILADELPHIA 1/3 Less Fat than Cream Cheese.