Whole Wheat Orange Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Serving Size: 5
- 1.5 cup whole-wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 0.75 tsp salt
- 1.25 cup milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 tsp grated orange zest
- 0.5 cup chocolate chips or freshly chopped chocolate of your choice
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients except the chocolate chips. The batter will be of pouring consistency but should not be watery or even too thick.
- Heat a skillet greased with a little oil on medium heat. Once heated, pour a ladle or 1/4 cup of pancake batter on to the skillet. Sprinkle each pancake with chocolate chips.
- Allow the pancake to cook on medium heat. You will notice the top side begins to get bubbles and air pockets and will slowly get steamed and cooked. At this point flip to the other side and allow it to cook for about 30 seconds.
- Flip again and serve hot with butter and maple syrup. Continue with the remaining batter and grease the skillet with oil after each batch if using a cast iron skillet.
Tip: you can thin this batter down to make crepes on a crepe pan.
Read more from Archana's Kitchen.