Whole Wheat Linguini Grilled Chicken and Marsala Cream Sauce
This recreation of a dish at 518 West in Raleigh, NC is not only delicious but quick to make. It’s a perfect weeknight meal and delicious enough for company.
- 1 Pound whole-wheat linguine
- 4 Tbsp freshly minced parsley leaves
- 0.25 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp beef base
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup good Marsala wine
- 5 Tbsp unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 Ounce button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 Roma tomato, seeded and diced
- Brush your chicken with a little olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Grill until cooked through.Set aside to rest.
- Fill a large pan with water. Add a teaspoon of olive oil and a a 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt. Bring to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al-dente. The suggested time should be on the package.
- In the meantime, heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat until very hot but not smoking.
- Add your mushrooms and garlic; stir until the edges of the mushrooms turn a nice brown color. That’s flavor, folks.
- Add your flour and stir for two minutes.
- Add the wine, chicken stock and beef base.
- When the mixture has reduced by half, add the cream.
- Cut the chicken into 1-inch pieces. Add to the sauce. Lower the heat to medium-low and continue to cook for an additional about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add fresh diced tomatoes and freshly chopped parsley for flavor and freshness.
For the full post, visit Cooking With Elise.