Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Waffles
Serving Size: 5
So, perhaps throwing a cup of chocolate chips into your waffles is counter-intuitive. But I think that the chocolate is a nice pairing with the more-assertive flavor of whole wheat.
- 1.5 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 egg
- 1.5 cup lukewarm milk (microwave 30 seconds or so)
- 0.33 cup neutral oil such as vegetable
- 1 cup chocolate chops
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg, milk and oil to combine. Add the liquids into the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Chop the chocolate chips up until they are half their original size or smaller. Stir gently into the mixture. Make into waffles following the instructions your appliance came with. For us, this made five full-size waffles.
Read more from PDXfoodlove.