Whole Roast Chicken with 40 Brussels Sprouts
Serving Size: 4
When F&W’s Kay Chun roasts chicken, she adds brussels sprouts to the roasting pan so they absorb the fantastic flavor of the caraway-infused chicken juices.
- 1 4-pound chicken
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- brussels sprouts (1 1/2 pounds), trimmed
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice, plus wedges for serving
- Preheat the oven to 450°. Rub the chicken with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place the chicken in a roasting pan and roast for 30 minutes. Add the brussels sprouts, butter and caraway seeds to the pan and roast for 20 minutes longer, until the chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle the lemon juice over the sprouts and let the chicken rest for 15 minutes. Carve the chicken, toss the brussels sprouts and serve with lemon wedges.
Recipe Credit: Kay Chun
Image Credit: John Kernick