Whole-Grain Waffles with Sliced Strawberries and Yogurt
This recipe uses only a handful of baking ingredients and is sure to become your back-pocket breakfast (and not just on weekends). The batter whisks up so light, it's hard to believe the waffles (or pancakes) are fully whole wheat.
- 1.5 cup whole-wheat flour (not stone-ground)
- 1 cup low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Pint strawberries, hulled and sliced
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 0.25 cup canola oil
- 1.5 cup reduced-fat milk
- 0.5 tsp coarse salt
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp cane sugar
- 2 Tbsp toasted wheat germ
- Maple syrup, for drizzling
- Preheat waffle iron. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, wheat germ, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In another bowl, whisk together milk, oil, egg, and vanilla.
- Stir egg mixture into flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Coat waffle iron with cooking spray. For deep, Belgian-style waffles, fill each cavity with 1/2 cup batter and cook until golden brown, 7 to 8 minutes (or according to manufacturer's instructions).
- Serve with strawberries, a dollop of yogurt, and a drizzle of syrup.
Quick, One-Pot Meal Ideas To Feed the Whole Family
20 Classic Comfort Food Recipes from Martha Stewart
36 Dinners You Can Make in Just 15 Minutes!
42 Slow-Cooker Recipes Worth the Wait
These Pretty (and Delicious!) Holiday Cookie Recipes Are Perfect for Gifting
27 Easy Party Food Ideas You Can Make in a Pinch
Image Credit: Johnny Miller