White & Wild Rice Pilaf
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 large carrot, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 stalk celery, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 3.5 cup Swanson® Vegetable Broth (Regular or Certified Organic)
- 0.5 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, carrots, celery and garlic and cook until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir the broth and wild rice in the skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 25 minutes.
- Stir in the white rice. Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until the rice is tender. Sprinkle with the parsley.
Tip: Wild rice is a relatively expensive ingredient, but a little goes a long way. The 1/2 cup in this recipe lends texture and a rich nutty flavor.