West African Vegetable Stew
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 coarsely chopped fresh spinach leaves
- 1 Can (about 15 ounces) chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 0.5 cup water
- 1 Can (10 1/2 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Chicken Broth
- 0.5 tsp crushed red pepper
- 0.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- 0.5 cup raisin
- 1 large tomato, coarsely chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 Pound sweet potato, peeled, cut in half lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 2 large onion, sliced (about 2 cups)
- hot cooked rice or couscous
Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion is tender.
Add the potatoes and tomatoes to the skillet and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the raisins, cinnamon, red pepper, broth and water and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
Stir in the chickpeas and spinach and cook until the spinach is wilted. Serve with the rice, if desired.