Watercress and Orange Salad
I love citrus with peppery watercress. The sweet, tart and hot are perfect, together.
- 1 orange or grapefruit, supremed
- pinch of sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 small bunch watercress, rinsed and spin-dried (gather in a clean towel, and windmill outdoors)
- 1 tsp freshly sliced hot red chile
- slurp of walnut oil
- squeeze lemon juice
- Peel an orange (or grapefruit) and remove all its pith, then supreme it by slicing each segment free of its membranes.
- Arrange the pieces on a plate in heap.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Top the orange with a handful of nice, dry watercress (wet leaves make for insipid dressings).
- Scatter the chiles across the top.
- Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pinch of sugar.
- Add pepper, and finish with the squeeze of lemon.
Read more from 66 Square Feet.