Warm Avocado Soup with Chipotle Cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 0.25 tsp ground chipotle chile pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 cup 6 cup Swanson® Chicken Broth (Regular, Natural GoodnessTM or Certified Organic)
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 4 avocado, pitted, peeled and cut into cubes (about 5 cups)
Stir the sour cream and chile pepper in a small bowl.
Heat the oil in a 6-quart sauce pot over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Stir the broth, cilantro, lime juice and avocados in the sauce pot. Heat to a boil.
Place 1/2 of the avocado mixture in a blender or food processor. Cover and blend until smooth. Pour the mixture into a medium bowl. Repeat the blending process with the remaining avocado mixture. Return all of the puréed mixture to the sauce pot. Cook over medium heat until the mixture is hot. Divide the soup among 8 serving bowls. Top each with about 1 tablespoon of the sour cream mixture.