Warm and Savory White Bean and Carrot Quinoa Salad
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 handful of arugula
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (used Andean Naturals)
- 2 handfuls raw baby spinach
- 0.5 cup water
- 2 Can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp oregano
- 0.25 cup fresh diced parsley
- 1.5 cup carrots, peeled and grated (chopped mine with my mini food processor)
- 2 cloves of garlic, diced and smashed with the back of a fork
- Juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
- In a large fry pan, sauté your onions and garlic in a little olive oil on medium high. Once onions are translucent, add in your shredded carrots, parsley, dried seasonings; stir and continue to sauté for another couple minutes. Add in your white beans and water; stir again, and allow beans to warm through for a couple minutes. Add in baby spinach, stir to incorporate, cover, and turn off heat while spinach wilts.
- Place your quinoa in a large bowl. Add in one cup of your hot bean/carrot sauté, a handful of fresh arugula, and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Stir to incorporate. Serve the salad and, before eating, freshly zest lemon zest over the top for garnish.
For the full post, visit Rebel Grain.