Vietnamese-Style Shrimp and Watercress Stir-Fry
- 0.5 cup chicken stock or low-sodium broth
- 0.33 cup salted peanuts, chopped
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 6-ounce bunch watercress, large stems discarded and leaves coarsely chopped
- 3 Tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1.25 Pound shelled and deveined medium shrimp
- 5 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 0.25 cup Asian fish sauce
- rice, for serving
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the stock, fish sauce, sugar and cornstarch.
2. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil. Add the shrimp and cook over high heat, turning once, until just white throughout, about 1 minute per side. Transfer to a plate.
3. Add the remaining 3 tablespoons of oil to the skillet. Add the shallots and ginger and stir-fry over high heat until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir the stock mixture, add it to the skillet and bring to a boil. Stir in the watercress, then stir in the shrimp and lime juice and season with pepper. Transfer the stir-fry to bowls, sprinkle with the peanuts and serve with rice.