These are super yummy and not that difficult to make! If you don’t have a sushi mat, you can still make these, however using a mat is more fun and does help make a nice looking roll. I recommend wrapping the sushi mat in plastic wrap, to keep clean. Always start with your nori shiny side down.
Sesame seed Spread
- 5 Tbsp tahini
- Black pepper to taste
- 0.5 tsp fresh grated ginger
- zest from 1 lemon
- 0.5 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp hot chili oil
- 2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp raw honey
- Add all the ingredients in a small mixing bowl and whisk, add hot water if the consistence is too thick.
- 4 scallions chopped
- 0.125 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 small cucumber, sliced lengthwise
- 0.5 cup sprouts
- 0.25 cup carrots julienne
- 0.25 cup purple cabbage shredded
- 0.5 cup watercress or baby spinach
- 4 nori sheets
- 0.5 avocado, sliced thin
- Cover sushi mat with plastic wrap. Start with nori, shiny side face down.
- Add 2 tablespoons of sesame seed spread, and spread it out across the length of the nori closer to you. Layer your veggies and roll. Cut in half and serve with Nama Shoyu and wasabi.
For the full post, visit Organically Thin.