Veggie Burgers with Pomegranate Ketchup
Serving Size: 6
- 0.5 cup raisin
- lemon juice
- mesclun green tossed with the lemon juice and sautéed mushroom, for serving
- 1 Tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 0.5 cup ketchup mixed the pomegranate molasses
- 3 burger bun, split and toasted
- 1.5 Tbsp canola oil
- kosher salt
- 2 tsp ground dried porcini
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2.5 tsp curry powder
- 2 cup cooked Israeli couscous
- 2.5 cup cooked green or brown lentil
- 1 cup steamed shelled edamame
- 0.5 Pound white mushroom
- 0.25 cup roasted almonds, chopped
- sautéed mushroom
- In a food processor, combine the raisins and almonds and process until finely chopped. Add the mushrooms and process until coarsely chopped. Add the edamame, lentils and half of the couscous and process until coarsely chopped. In a small bowl, dissolve the curry in the lemon juice and add to the processor along with the porcini and process to a coarse paste. Fold in the remaining couscous and season with salt. Form the mixture into 6 patties, about 1 inch thick.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil. Add the patties and cook over moderate heat, turning once, until browned, 6 minutes.
- Arrange the bun halves on plates and spread them with pomegranate ketchup. Set the burgers on the buns, top with the greens and sautéed mushrooms and serve.