Veggie Breakfast Sandwich
I love Cobblestone® Bagels for our sandwiches, because they come in both original and 100% whole wheat varieties and are soft enough to be the perfect texture for a sandwich. Plus, they soak up all that delicious egg so you don’t lose out on any of the flavor.
- 2 cup cherry tomatoes, any color, quartered
- 0.5 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 4 slices muenster cheese
- 0.25 cup hummus
- 4 Cobblestone Bread Co. 100% Whole Wheat Bagels, toasted
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 0.25 tsp dried oregano
- 0.25 tsp dried basil
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4 large eggs
- In a small bowl, mix together tomatoes, red wine vinegar, 1 Tablespoon olive oil, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper. Let sit while you prepare the rest of the sandwich.
- Place Cobblestone 100% Whole Wheat Bagels onto four plates. Spread bottom half of bagels with hummus and top each with one slice of cheese. Divide sprouts evenly among the bagels. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil until very hot. Crack eggs into skillet and cook until whites are set and yolks are still runny. Season with salt and pepper. Place one egg on each bagel and replace tops. Serve sandwich immediately. Enjoy!
For the full post, visit Jelly Toast.
Compensation for this post was provided by Cobblestone Bread Co. via AOL Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Cobblestone Bread Co. or AOL.