- 1.75 cup Swanson® Vegetable Broth(Regular or Certified Organic)
- 1 Can (about 15 ounces) chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 1 Can (about 15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium carrot, chopped (about 2/3 cup)
- 1 Can (about 14.5 ounces) whole peeled tomatoes, cut up
- 2 small zucchini, coarsely chopped (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 0.125 tsp ground black pepper
- 0.5 tsp dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 6 cup hot cooked regular long-grain white rice, cooked without salt
Stir the broth, chili powder, thyme, pepper, zucchini, tomatoes and carrots in a 3-quart saucepan and heat to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover the saucepan.
Reduce the heat to low and cook for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Stir in the black beans and chickpeas and heat through. Serve over the rice.