- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 0.5 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 0.5 Pound asparagus or green beans. trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 cup Swanson® Vegetable Stock, heated
- 0.5 cup dry white wine
- 2 cup uncooked Arborio rice
- 0.5 cup chopped shallots
- 1 cup cremini or baby portobello mushrooms, cut into quarters
- 1 cup diced butternut squash
- 1 mediu red pepper, diced
- salt and ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch deep-sided skillet over medium-heat. Add the pepper, squash, mushrooms and shallots and cook for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add the rice to the skillet and cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add the wine and cook and stir until the wine is absorbed. Add 2 cups stock and cook and stir until the stock is absorbed. Add the remaining stock, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring until the stock is absorbed before adding more, stirring in the asparagus during the last stock addition.
- Stir in the cheese. Season with the salt and black pepper. Remove the skillet from the heat. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.