Vegetable Rice Pilaf
- vegetable cooking spray
- 0.25 cup chopped green or red pepper
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 0.25 tsp dried basil leaves, crushed
- 0.125 tsp ground black pepper
- 0.75 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- 1.75 cup Swanson® Chicken Broth (Regular, Natural GoodnessTM or Certified Organic)
- 0.75 cup frozen mixed vegetable
Spray a 10-inch skillet with the cooking spray and heat over medium heat for 1 minute. Add the green pepper, garlic, basil, black pepper and rice and cook and stir until the rice is lightly browned and the green pepper is tender-crisp.
Stir the broth in the skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
Stir in the vegetables. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the rice and vegetables are tender.
Flavor Variation: You may also use Swanson® Vegetable Broth (Regular or Certified Organic) and omit the garlic and black pepper.