Vegetable Minestrone Soup
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 0.5 cup uncooked corkscrew-shaped pasta (rotini)
- 1 Can (about 19 ounces) white kidney beans (cannellini), rinsed and drained
- 1 Can (about 14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 4 cup Swanson® Vegetable Broth (Regular or Certified Organic)
- 0.5 tsp dried rosemary leaves, crushed
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 2 medium zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and thickly sliced (about 3 cups)
- vegetable oil
- 0.25 cup grated parmesan cheese (optional)
Heat the oil in a 6-quart sauce pot. Add the zucchini, garlic and rosemary and cook until the zucchini is tender-crisp.
Stir the broth and tomatoes in the sauce pot and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
Increase the heat to medium. Stir in the beans and pasta and cook for 10 minutes or until the pasta is tender. Serve with the cheese, if desired.