They pack almost all your daily
- 1 Pound lb sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded lowfat pepper Jack cheese, divided
- 1 Can (8 oz) enchilada sauce
- 2 cup cooked short-grain brown rice
- 1 Can (15 oz) low-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup roasted red peppers
- 1 cup roasted or thawed frozen corn
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 0.5 Tbsp chipotle powder
- 1.5 Tbsp dark chili powder
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inches each)
- 1.5 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 6 sprigs fresh cilantro
- Heat oven to 300°.
- In a bowl, toss potatoes in 1 tbsp oil; spread on a baking sheet. Bake until potatoes are soft and browned, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Wrap tortillas in foil; bake 10 minutes.
- In a large pan over medium heat, heat remaining 1/2 tbsp oil. Add onion, chili powder, chipotle and cumin; cook until onion is tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Add corn, peppers and black beans; cook 5 minutes. Set aside half of corn mixture. Add potatoes, rice and enchilada sauce to pan; cook 6 minutes.
- Place 6 tortillas on a baking sheet. Spread potato mixture and 1/2 cup cheese evenly among tortillas. Top with remaining 6 tortillas, remaining 1/2 cup cheese and reserved corn mixture; bake 7 minutes. Divide avocado, scallion and cilantro among enchiladas.