Vegan Zucchini Bread
As our food + garden summer camp comes to a close, our campers are creating their last recipes to add to their Butter Beans cookbooks.
Hands down, one of their favorite foods they’ve made at camp was the vegan zucchini bread. They ranted and raved about this quick bread, so we thought we’d share the delicious recipe with you!
- 6 Tbsp ground flax seed
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 0.5 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2.5 cup grated zucchini
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 0.5 cup applesauce
- 0.5 cup canola oil
- 2 cup turbinado or light brown sugar
- 0.5 cup warm water
- 1 cup chocolate chips or raisins, optional
- Grease 2 loaf pans, preheat the oven to 350F.
- Mix together flax seeds with warm water, then add sugar, oil, applesauce, vanilla and beat well.
- Add grated zucchini, and stir until combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift together remaining dry ingredients.
- Add dry mixture to wet ingredients and stir until combined.
- Pour batter into pans and bake for 50-55 minutes.
Makes 2 loaves.
Read more from Butter Beans.
Image Credit: lydiajoy1