Vegan Potato Nachos
Crispy potatoes piled high with dairy-free cheese sauce, peppers, black beans, and guac!
- 3 cup diced potatoes
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 0.5 cup pico de gallo
- 1 cup cooked black beans, (if canned, rinsed and drained)
- salt and pepper
- 0.25 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 0.25 cup dairy-free milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- 0.5 orange pepper, roughly chopped
- 0.33 cup cashews, soaked at least two hours
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Heat a cast iron pan to medium-high heat for a few minutes until very hot. Add oil and cook for 30 seconds. Add potatoes to the sizzling pan and sprinkle with salt/pepper and cumin. Cook, flipping occasionally, until crispy on all sides, about 15 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, make the cheese sauce. Place the cashews, orange pepper, milk, chili powder, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, and a pinch of salt/pepper in a blender. Puree until very, very smooth, about 2-5 minutes depending on the blender used. Blending for this long should make the cheese sauce hot, but if you want it hotter- heat up in the microwave or on the stove.
- Layer the nachos: potatoes, cheese sauce, black beans, pico de gallo, chopped red pepper, sliced jalapenos, and guacamole.
For the full post, visit Delish Knowledge.