Vegan Lemon Chickpea Orzo Soup
Serving Size: 30
This is a one-pot soup filled with vegetables, garbanzo beans and orzo pasta, finished with a generous squirt of lemon juice for a bright and bold fall soup.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup orzo
- 1 small sprig rosemary
- 1 Can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 6 cup vegetable broth + 1 cup water
- 0.5 tsp dried thyme
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 large carrots, halved lengthwise and finely sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 0.125 cup fresh lemon juice
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, carrots, celery and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes until vegetables are soft.
- Add the thyme and pinch of pepper; stir together.
- Add the vegetable broth and water and bring to a boil.
- Add the chickpeas, rosemary, orzo and bay leaf. Reduce heat to a low simmer and cook for 10 minutes until orzo is cooked through.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in lemon juice.
For the full post, visit Delish Knowledge.