Vegan Green Bean Casserole
- 3 cup fresh green beans, trimmed and cut in half and boiled in water until just tender
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup unsweetened nondairy milk
- 2 Tbsp garbanzo flour (or coconut flour for Paleo option)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 shallot, sliced (for topping)
- In a skillet over medium heat, saute the olive oil, shallots and garlic until lightly browned. Add the mushrooms and heat up until tender.
- Sift in the gluten-free flour of choice and mix into mushroom, garlic, and onions. Cook for 30 seconds. Add the nondairy milk and broth. Whisk until smooth.
- Add nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat until the sauce has thickened, stirring continuously.
- Add the green beans until completely coated and warm for 5 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, coat the bottom layer with olive oil until heated. Add the sliced shallots and cook until nicely browned and crisp.
- Top the casserole with crispy shallots.
For the full post, visit Fork and Beans.