Vegan Chocolate Chunk Muffins
These muffins are perfectly chocolatey and semi healthy.
- 1 cup applesauce
- 0.5 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- 0.125 tsp ground cinnamon
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 0.33 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 0.75 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 0.5 cup sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 0.5 tsp baking soda
Recipe adapted from Health.com
- Preheat oven to 475°.
- Place 9 paper liners in muffin tin or coat with cooking spray.
- Mix together applesauce, oil, sugar, and vanilla in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, coco powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add flour mixture to applesauce mixture and stir until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into muffin pan and bake for 5 minutes at 475 then reduce heat to 350. Bake 15-18 minutes longer or until a toothpick or fork comes out clean.
- Allow to slightly cool before consuming all 9 muffins.
For the full post, visit Wicked Spatula.