Vegan Butternut Squash Chili
This tasted delicious and had just the right amount of heat. Trust me, the heat builds the more you eat. Plus, it was easy to throw everything in the slow cooker and have a ton of leftovers!
- 1 medium onion
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 chopped tomato
- 1 Tbsp chipotle powder
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1.75 Can kidney beans
- 3.5 cup chopped butternut squash
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 jalapenos
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 cup organic vegetable stock
- Chop onions, tomato, red bell pepper, and mince garlic cloves.
- Add chopped vegetables including pre-chopped butternut squash and vegetable stock to slow cooker.
- Finely dice jalapenos and scoop out most of the seeds (which is where the heat is). Add to slow cooker.
- Then add rest of the ingredients, and stir so they are mixed.
- Set slow cooker on high and cook until butternut squash is soft 6-8 hours. Stir occasionally since the slow cooker will be full and vegetables on top will cook slower.
For the full post, visit Healing and Eating.