Vegan Berry Crunch Smoothie Bowl
- 1 cup chopped kale or baby spinach
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1.5 cup frozen mixed berries
- 0.5 frozen banana (you can use a regular banana, but then you may have to add some ice to your smoothie bowl.)
- 1 tsp light agave (depending on how sweet you like things)
- Suggested Toppings: ½ banana, sliced ¼ cup blueberries 2-3 strawberries, sliced 1 teaspoon chia seeds 2 tablespoons chopped almonds 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut shavings, raw or toasted ¼ cup granola of your choice
- Place the kale or spinach, chia seeds, and milk in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. (This will ensure that you don’t have any gross, chewy greens in your smoothie bowl.)
- Add the frozen mixed berries, banana, and agave to the blender. Puree, scraping down the sides of the blender periodically, until relatively smooth. Don’t be crazy about getting it completely smooth, people. You won’t be drinking this through a straw, so a little texture is good!
- Pour smoothie into a bowl and garnish with toppings of your choice. Serve immediately.
For the full post, visit Domesticate Me.