Ultimate Slow-Cooked Pot Roast
Serving Size: 6
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 0.25 cup cold water
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 (6-inch) sprig fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 small sprigs fresh thyme leaves
- 2 stalks celery, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1.25 Pound pounds red potatoes, cut in half
- 1 package (16 ounces) baby-cut carrots
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 envelope (about 1 ounce) onion dry recipe soup and dip mix
- 1 Can can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- salt and ground black pepper
- 8 Ounce cremini or baby portobello mushrooms, cut in half (about 2 cups)
- Season the beef with the salt and black pepper.
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook until well browned on all sides.
- Stir the soup, soup mix, wine and garlic in a 6-quart slow cooker. Stir in the carrots, potatoes and celery. Top with the thyme, bay leaves and rosemary. Top with the beef. Cover and cook on LOW 7 to 8 hours or until the beef and vegetables are fork-tender. Remove the beef from the cooker, cover and keep warm. Remove and discard the bay leaves, rosemary and thyme.
- Stir the flour and water in a small bowl until the mixture is smooth. Stir the flour mixture and mushrooms in the cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 10 minutes or until the mixture boils and thickens and the mushrooms are tender. Serve with the beef.
Cost per recipe: $28.80
Cost per serving: $4.80