- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) devil's food cake mix
- 1 Ounce BAKER'S White Chocolate
- 3 Ounce BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, divided
- 6 cup powdered sugar
- 1.5 tsp vanilla
- 0.5 cup butter
- 1.5 pkg. (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 0.25 cup milk
- 1 pkg. (3.9 oz.) JELL-O Chocolate Instant Pudding
- 0.5 8-oz. tub COOL WHIP Whipped Topping (Do not thaw)
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare cake batter and bake as directed on package for 2 (9-inch) round cake layers, blending dry pudding mix and milk into batter before pouring into prepared pans. (Batter will be thick.) Cool cakes 10 min.; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until blended. Gradually beat in sugar. Make chocolate curls from 1 oz. each semi-sweet and white chocolates (see tip); refrigerate until ready to use.
- Cut each cake layer horizontally in half. Stack on plate, spreading 3/4 cup cream cheese frosting between each layer. Spread remaining frosting onto top and side of cake.
- Microwave COOL WHIP and remaining semi-sweet chocolate in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1-1/2 min., stirring after 1 min.; stir until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is well blended. Cool 5 min. Pour over cake, letting excess drip down side. Garnish with chocolate curls. Keep refrigerated.
Kraft Kitchens Tips
Size-Wise: Enjoy your favorite foods on occasion but remember to keep tabs on portions.
Note from the Kraft Kitchens: Thank you. We heard your feedback and retested this recipe. We discovered that cake mix package sizes have been reduced since we developed this recipe. We have updated the recipe to add 1/4 cup milk to the cake batter to improve the consistency of the batter. Thank you for your input.
How to Make Chocolate Curls: Microwave chocolate on HIGH a few seconds to warm it slightly. Draw vegetable peeler slowly over flat bottom of each chocolate piece to form thin curls.