Spinach and lowfat ricotta make it hearty—and good for you.
- 1 Pound 85-percent-lean ground beef
- 2 cup thawed frozen spinach
- 0.5 cup part-skim fresh mozzarella, divided
- 16 Ounce low-sodium marinara sauce, divided
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 package (8 oz) whole-grain lasagna noodles
- 1 cup lowfat ricotta
- 0.25 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 0.5 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1.5 tsp dried basil
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 4 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 0.5 cup minced white onion
- 1 cup sliced cremini mushrooms
- 0.33 cup grated Parmesan
- Heat oven to 375°.
- In a large pan over medium heat, cook beef, mushrooms, onion, garlic, parsley, salt, basil, Italian seasoning, fennel seeds and pepper until beef is browned, 12 minutes; transfer to a bowl and stir in ricotta.
- Cook noodles as directed on package; drain and rinse with cold water. In an 8" x 11" baking dish coated with cooking spray, place a layer of noodles. Top with 1/3 of the meat mixture, 1/3 of the marinara and 1/3 of the mozzarella. Repeat to create two more layers with remaining noodles, meat, marinara and mozzarella; before last layer, scatter spinach. Top with Parmesan.
- Cover with foil. Bake 30 minutes; remove foil and bake 20 minutes more. Cool 10 minutes before serving.