Turkey Curry Soup
This quick stew is fragrant with curry, lime and herbs. It’s an excellent way to use leftover turkey.
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- Kosher salt
- 0.5 cup mixed chopped herbs, such as cilantro and basil
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 cup (3/4 pound) shredded roasted turkey
- 1 Tbsp Asian fish sauce
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 0.5 small kabocha squash (1 pound)—peeled, seeded and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces (4 cups)
- 2 Tbsp Thai red curry paste
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil. Add the curry paste and squash and cook over high heat, stirring, until lightly caramelized, 3 minutes. Add the coconut milk, fish sauce and 4 cups of water and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer until the squash is tender, about 15 minutes. Stir in the turkey, lime juice and herbs and season with salt and pepper.
Recipe Credit: Kay Chun
Image Credit: Christina Holmes