Turkey & Chicken Tetrazzini
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 8 Ounce vermicelli pasta
- 8 Ounce 1/2 of a 16 ounce package vermicelli pasta, broken, cooked and drained (about 4 cups)
- 0.5 cup medium carrot, sliced and cooked (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cup cubed cooked turkey
- 2 cup cayenne pepper (optional)
- 0.5 tsp garlic powder
- 0.5 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 0.5 tsp dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 2 Tbsp dry sherry
- 1.75 cup Swanson® Chicken Stock
- 0.67 cup half-and-half or heavy cream
- 4 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 3 cup sliced mushroom (about 8 ounces)
- 1 small onion, diced (about 1/4 cup)
- grated parmesan cheese
Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, mushrooms and celery and cook until the vegetables are tender. Remove the skillet from the heat.
Heat the butter in a 10-inch oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Stir in the flour. Gradually stir in the half-and-half and stock. Cook and stir until the mixture boils and thickens. Stir in the sherry, thyme, parsley and garlic powder. Season the sauce with the cayenne pepper, if desired.
Stir the turkey, chicken, onion mixture, carrots, peas, vermicelli and Parmesan in the skillet with the sauce.
Broil 4 inches from the heat until the mixture is hot and bubbling and the top is golden.