Turkey and Sweet Potato Taquitos with Jalapeño-Cranberry Sauce
While these taquitos are an epic way to repurpose Thanksgiving leftovers, please know that they can (and should) be made on a regular basis.
Turkey and Sweet Potato Taquitos
- 2 cup shredded or chopped turkey (Yes, you can use chicken.)
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6-inch flour tortillas (You can use corn tortillas, but they’re much harder to work with.)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 0.5 tsp smoked paprika, divided
- 1 cup mashed sweet potatoes (You can also use regular mashed potatoes or a combo if you like!)
- Pre-heat your oven to 425 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the turkey, sweet potatoes, ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika, and cayenne in a medium bowl. Taste and season with salt and pepper if necessary. (If you want to get CRAZY, you can add a couple tablespoons of gravy.)
- Scoop 2 heaping tablespoons of the turkey mixture onto each tortilla leaving about a ½-inch of empty tortilla on either side. Tightly roll up the filling in the tortilla like a cigar, and place each one seam-side down on the prepared baking sheet. (If your tortillas are very cold, warm them for 10 seconds in the microwave to make them easier to roll.)
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, remaining ¼ teaspoon paprika and a generous pinch of salt. Brush each taquito all over with the oil.
- Transfer the taquitos to the oven and bake for 15-18 minutes until browned and crispy.
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup cranberry sauce
- Meanwhile, combine the chopped jalapeño and cranberry sauce in a small mixing bowl. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Serve taquitos warm with the jalapeño-cranberry sauce for dipping.
For the full post, visit Domesticate Me.