Rich, salty and tart from lots of lemon juice and zest, this pâté pairs well with thick grilled toast or raw vegetables. Be sure to use the highest-quality jarred or canned tuna you can find.
- 2 10-ounce cans solid albacore tuna packed in olive oil, drained
- 0.25 cup finely chopped celery rib
- 0.25 cup finely chopped parsley
- Kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp minced capers
- 3 Tbsp capers, rinsed and drained
- 6 anchovy fillets, drained
- 0.25 tsp cayenne
- 0.25 cup fresh lemon juice
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 0.25 cup heavy cream
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- Toast or crackers, for serving
- Line a 7 1/2-by-3 1/2-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap, leaving plenty of overhang. In the bowl of a food processor, combine the tuna, butter, cream, lemon zest, lemon juice, cayenne, anchovies and the 3 tablespoons of capers. Season with salt and pepper and process until smooth. Scrape the puree into the loaf pan and smooth the top. Cover with the overhanging pieces of plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, at least 8 hours or overnight.
- In a small bowl, stir the 2 tablespoons of minced capers with the parsley and celery and set aside. Unwrap and unmold the pâté onto a serving dish and sprinkle the parsley mixture on top. Serve chilled with toast or crackers.
Recipe Credit: Brian Murphy
Image Credit: Stuart Mullenburg