Tuna Noodle Casserole
Nothing says comfort like a golden, bubbly, delicious tuna casserole made with always smooth, firm and delicious No Yolks noodles.
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted
- Combine topping ingredients and set aside.
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 Can (5 ounces each) tuna, drained and flaked
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 package (8 ounces) light cream cheese, softened
- 1 thyme sprig
- dash of worcestershire sauce
- 1 Quart vegetable broth
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1.5 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 6 Ounce (2 ¼ cups) NO YOLKS® Extra Broad noodles
- fresh ground black pepper to taste, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Add olive oil to a 7-quart stock pot, and sauté mushrooms, celery, onions and garlic powder for 3-4 minutes over medium heat.
- Add broth, Worcestershire sauce and thyme sprig and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Add cream cheese and noodles, stirring until creamy and smooth.
- Sprinkle flour over top of mixture. Stir and cook for 2 minutes, or until mixture begins to thicken.
- Fold in tuna and peas. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into a 3-quart casserole dish. Sprinkle on Cheddar cheese and topping mixture. Bake uncovered 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes.