Tropical Granola (Gluten Free & Vegan)
Time to start a new granola love affair and this time the flavors are exotic and tropical. There is just something about waking up in the morning to a bowl of granola spiked with the flavors of ginger, pineapple and coconut that puts a little extra pep in my step.
- 0.25 cup maple syrup
- 0.33 cup chopped pineapple
- 0.33 cup roasted & salted pepitas
- 0.25 cup hemp hearts
- 0.33 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 0.25 cup golden flax seeds
- 0.33 cup raw cashews
- 0.25 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp dark brown sugar
- 2 cup gluten free oats
- 0.5 Tbsp ground ginger
- 1 Tbsp water
- 3 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp crystallized ginger
- Preheat the oven to 275°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat combine the maple syrup, coconut oil, water, and ginger. Stir to mix together then allow to come to a gentle simmer.
- While the liquids are heating combine the oats, brown sugar, salt, cashews, flax seeds, and coconut flakes. Stir to combine.
- When the liquid mixture has come to a simmer carefully drizzle over the oat mixture and stir well to ensure that everything is coated evenly.
- Pour the mixture onto the prepared pan and use your hands to squeeze small clumps together to create clusters. Bake for 30 minutes. Keep an eye on the edges of your pan, if the clusters towards the edge begin to brown stir them in towards the center and allow the granola to bake for the remainder of the time. At the end of 30 minutes remove the pan and stir in the hemp hearts, pepitas, pineapple, and ginger then continue to bake until the granola is golden brown, about 10-15 minutes. Let cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
For the full post, visit Beard + Bonnet.