Tropical Fruit Sundaes
- 2 cup heavy cream
- 0.25 cup lime juice
- 1 tsp finely grated lime zest
- 0.5 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large mangoes peeled, pitted and finely diced 4 cup
- 1 pineapple, peeled cored and finely diced 4 cup
- 1 cup dried unsweetened coconut flakes
- 9 Ounce mascarpone cheese
- 3.5 Tbsp powdered gelatin, from 2 envelopes
- 0.5 Tbsp sugar
- 0.5 cup finely grated peeled fresh ginger, 3 ounce
- 1 cup milk
- 2 Pint vanilla ice cream
1. In a large saucepan, combine the cream and milk with the ginger and bring to a simmer. Remove from the heat, cover and let stand for 30 minutes.
2. Strain the cream into a bowl, pressing on the ginger. Wipe out the saucepan. Return the cream to the saucepan and bring to a simmer. Remove from the heat and whisk in the sugar and gelatin. Let the cream cool to lukewarm, then whisk in the mascarpone. Spoon the mousse into 12 glasses or bowls and refrigerate until set, 1 hour.
3. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350°. Spread the coconut flakes in a pie plate and toast until golden, 3 minutes. Let cool.
4. In a bowl, toss the pineapple and mangoes with the brown sugar, lime zest and juice. Spoon the pineapple and mangoes over the ginger mousse and top with the raspberries. Scoop the ice cream into the bowls, garnish with the toasted coconut and serve.