Tri-Color Vegetable Risotto
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 large portobello mushroom, cut up
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes, cut into strips
- 2 cup firmly packed chopped fresh spinach
- 1.33 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- 3.5 cup Swanson® Chicken Broth (Regular, Natural Goodness™ or Certified Organic)
- 0.25 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil
Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook until they're tender. Add the tomatoes and spinach and cook until the spinach is wilted.
Heat the remaining oil in a 2-quart saucepan. Add the rice and cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add 1/2 cup broth and cook and stir until it's absorbed. Add the remaining broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring until it's absorbed before adding more.
Stir the mushroom mixture, cheese and basil in the saucepan and cook until the mixture is hot.
Easy Substitution: You can substitute Parmesan cheese for the Romano, if you prefer.