Trail Mix Freezer Cookies
You can bake the cookies to order, straight from the freezer.
- 0.75 cup all-purpose flour
- 0.5 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 0.75 cup sugar
- 1 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature (2 sticks)
- 0.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- 0.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 0.5 cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 cup trail mix, coarsely chopped
- Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper. Mix first 6 ingredients in bowl. Using electric mixer, beat butter and both sugars in large bowl until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until mixture is fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes. Reduce speed to low; beat in flour mixture until just combined. Fold in oats and coconut. Stir in trail mix.
- Using 2-inch-diameter ice cream scoop, drop dough onto sheets, spacing about 2 inches apart. Do Ahead For ready-to-bake dough, freeze dough on sheets until firm. Transfer frozen dough to resealable plastic bags; keep frozen until ready to bake.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. For freshly made cookie dough, bake until cookies are golden brown, about 13 minutes. (For frozen dough, arrange frozen cookies 2 inches apart on parchment lined baking sheets; bake until golden brown, about 16 minutes.) Transfer to racks to cool.
Recipe by Maria Helm Sinskey
Photo by Gail Albert Halaban