- When you're ready to eat, heat a cast-iron pan over medium-high heat for 5 to 7 minutes, until very hot.
- While the pan heats, gently shape the meat into two equal disks, about the same size as your buns, without squeezing or pressing on the meat. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper. Brush the pan with some olive oil. Cook for 3 minutes, then flip the burgers.
- Place the cheese on top and cover the pan. Cook 2 to 3 more minutes for medium rare, remove the lid if the cheese has already melted.
- While the burgers cook, toast the buns.
- Spread each bottom half with mayo and top with a generous portion of refried beans, spreading evenly to the edges.
- Place the finished burgers on top of the buns. Top with jalapeños and cilantro sprigs, then the top bun. Serve immediately, with corn chips.
For the full post, visit Big Girls Small Kitchen.
This is a collaboration between Cobblestone Bread Co. and the AOL Lifestyle Contributor Network. Compensation was provided by Cobblestone Bread Co. via AOL Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Cobblestone Bread Co.