Tomato, Cucumber and Sweet Onion Salad with Cumin Salt
- 1 Tbsp cumin seeds
- 1.5 Tbsp coarse sea salt
- 2.25 Pound tomatoes, cored and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 Pound cucumbers, peeled and sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 0.25 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1. In a skillet, toast the cumin seeds over moderately high heat until fragrant, 30 seconds; transfer to a mortar and let cool. Add the salt and grind to a coarse powder.
2. In a large bowl, toss the tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, oil and lemon juice. Sprinkle 2 teaspoons of the cumin salt over the salad and toss. Serve the salad on a platter.