Tomato and Bread Salad
This is a wonderful summer salad. Make it at least an hour before you intend eating it, so the tomatoes' juices can soak into the bread.
- enough ripe, local tomato, chunked (about one medium tomato per person)
- yesterday's baguette or sourdough, in cubes or torn into pieces
- good vinegar
- good olive oil
- black pepper
- In the bottom of the bowl, put the bread, and top it with tomato (a good ratio is about one third bread to two thirds tomato).
- Shake some vinegar (I used sherry) over the top; sprinkle a little sugar, more salt, lots of pepper. Drizzle some oil.
- Set aside, covered, for an hour or so.
- Then tear up some basil leaves and toss over the top, and drizzle a little more oil.
Read more from 66 Square Feet.