Tofu Scramble with Cotija Cheese and Tortillas
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 8 corn tortillas
- coarse salt
- 1 cup cooked black beans, drained and rinsed
- 14 Ounce soft tofu, drained and crumbled into large pieces
- 0.25 tsp ground turmeric
- 0.5 tsp dried oregano
- 0.5 tsp ground cumin
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced, whites and greens separated
- 1 serrano chile, seeded and minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 0.25 cup crumbled cotija cheese
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, chile, and scallion whites and cook until tender, about 2 minutes. Add spices and cook until toasted, about 1 minute. Stir in tofu and beans and cook, stirring, until heated through, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and sprinkle with scallion greens. Remove from heat.
- Toast tortillas over a gas burner, turning, until lightly charred, about 1 minute. Top with tofu scramble, avocado, and Cotija.
Quick, One-Pot Meal Ideas To Feed the Whole Family
20 Classic Comfort Food Recipes from Martha Stewart
36 Dinners You Can Make in Just 15 Minutes!
42 Slow-Cooker Recipes Worth the Wait
These Pretty (and Delicious!) Holiday Cookie Recipes Are Perfect for Gifting
27 Easy Party Food Ideas You Can Make in a Pinch
Image Credit: Maria Robledo