Three Cheese Naan Pizza with Sausage, Mushrooms and Arugula
This ultra cheesy naan pizza topped with sausage, mushrooms, and arugula is a quick, flavorful weeknight meal.
- 0.25 Pound bulk Italian sausage
- 4 Ounce sliced mushrooms
- 2 garlic naan breads
- 2 Tbsp pesto (storebought or homemade)
- 4 Ounce fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded gouda cheese
- 0.25 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup arugula
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Place a pizza stone in the oven and preheat it to 425 degrees.
- Add the sausage to a skillet and cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes. About halfway through, add the mushrooms. Saute until mushrooms are browned and sausage is cooked through. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place the naan breads on a piece of parchment paper on top of a flat cutting board or cookie sheet (this makes the transfer to the pizza stone much easier!). Spread a heaping Tablespoon of pesto over each piece. Divide the mozzarella and gouda cheese evenly between them. Spread the sausage and mushrooms over the pizzas then finish with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.
- Slide the parchment paper onto the hot pizza stone. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted and just starting to brown around the edges.
- Top the pizzas with the arugula leaves and chopped green onions. Serve immediately.
Notes: If someone was really hungry they could probably eat an entire naan pizza, but we've found we generally get 4 servings out of this recipe.
For the full post, visit Neighbor Food Blog.