Thai Tofu Pizza
Thai-style pizza doesn't have to just come from that gastropub across town. Call it a cozy night in and make this colorful, vegetable-filled dish at home with your loved ones. It's perfect for vegans, vegetarians and veggie-loving carnivores! But we should warn you - you may want to double the recipe for the spicy peanut sauce just so you can have extra!
Spicy Peanut Sauce
- 3 Tbsp peanut butter
- 1.5 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1.5 tsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp sambal oelek
- 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- Prepare Spicy Peanut Sauce: In small bowl, whisk together peanut butter, vinegar, sambal oelek and soy sauce. While whisking, slowly drizzle in oil until all oil is incorporated.
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 0.25 cup bean sprouts
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 0.67 cup chopped pineapple
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 prepared whole wheat pizza crust
- 0.5 tsp curry powder
- 8 Ounce firm tofu, drained, patted dry and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Make Pizza: Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Heat oil over medium-high heat in large nonstick skillet. Sprinkle tofu with curry powder, then add to skillet. Cook tofu 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown; turning once with a spatula halfway through cooking.
- 3. Place pizza crust on baking pan and spread with Spicy Peanut Sauce. Divide carrot, tomato, pineapple and tofu over sauce. Transfer to oven; bake 10 minutes or until bottom of crust is golden brown.
- 4. Remove pizza from oven; sprinkle with onions, bean sprouts, cilantro and mint. Squeeze lime juice over pizza, cut into 8 slices and serve immediately.
Still hungry? Try our other pizza recipes!
For the full post, visit NatureBox.