Serving Size: 4
The delicious, sticky-sweet Asian glaze on this corn tastes great combined with coconut milk, soy sauce, sugar and fish sauce, adding lime juice for a hit of tang.
- 0.5 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 0.25 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp Asian fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 4 ears of corn, shucked
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Finely grated Cotija cheese, for garnish
- Lime wedges, for serving
- In a small saucepan, combine the coconut milk, soy sauce, sugar, fish sauce and lime juice. Cook over moderate heat until the glaze is syrupy, about 10 minutes.
- Light a grill. Grill the corn over medium heat, turning occasionally, until charred and tender, 10 to 15 minutes; brush with the glaze during the last 5 minutes. Cut each corn cob into thirds, transfer to a platter and garnish with cilantro and cheese. Serve with lime wedges.
Recipe Credit: Kay Chun
Image Credit: John Kernick