Tart Cherry Chutney Toast
Tart Cherry Chutney
- 1 cup dried tart cherries
- Pinch black pepper
- 0.25 tsp ginger, dried or 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 0.5 cup raw sugar
- 0.25 cup tart cherry juice
- 0.25 cup cider vinegar
- 1 large shallot, peeled and thinly sliced
- In a small sauce pan set over medium heat, add dried tart cherries, shallot, vinegar, tart cherry juice, raw sugar, ginger and pepper. Stir and bring mixture to a low bowl.
- Reduce heat to low and allow mixture to simmer for 10-15 minutes or until cherries are plump and liquid is syrupy. Remove from heat and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes.
- whipped cream cheese or sharp white cheddar cheese
- sliced sourdough bread, toasted
- slivered almonds
- Spread 2 tablespoons of whipped cream cheese OR place 1 slice of sharp white cheddar cheese on top of 1 piece of sour dough toast.
- Top cheese with 2 tablespoons cherry chutney and a pinch of slivered almonds. Serve and enjoy!
For the full post, visit Jelly Toast.